Not affiliated with the government
How to change Representative Payee of benifits to myself
Hi, I would like to change my Representative Payee which is my father and change it to myself. When i was awarded disability 8 years ago i had a history of drug use and i chose to assign a rep payee because i didn't think it would be wise to assign the check to myself at that time. At this time i am free from drugs for 2 years and am capable of handling money as the circumstances have changed.
How do i go about changing my Rep Payee of my father to myself?
Do i have to go before a judge? I there a form? Is it an easy process?
Can someone here explain this to me?
I have documentation from my mental health provider showing my remission of drugs.
Updated : March 28, 2012 by chris_cpo01
- change my representative payee
- bad payee
- Payee for Girlfriend
- Child Custody and auxiliary benefits
- Change of payee?
- ssi - change in representative payee
- What are the responsibilities of a representative payee?
- Representative Payee (Guardian or Trustee)
- When an individual stops serving as a representative payee, what should be done with a beneficiary's conserved funds?
- selecting different payee for disabled adult
- Accounting for Use of Funds
- Name Change for a minor
Ads - Also Recommended