Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
How do I find out my estimated benefits through my x- spouse's benefits?
I was married for 20 Years. I am not married. I am sure that my x-husbands estimated social securit y is much more than mine. I am 57 years old, and want to plan for my future. Is there a way I can find out what my estimated benefits are through his social security? I was told once, by a social securit employee that I could make an appointment with a social security office, and bring in my marriage liscense and divorce decree, and that I could find out. Now I have called social security, and thety said I can't find out until I file. I need to plan. Please let me know how I can find out this information. Thank You.
Updated : March 31, 2010 by Guest
- Changing benefits when spouse dies
- Finding out the amount of widow's benefits
- change in income while receiving survivor benefit
- Benefits from ex-husband
- Unmarried heterosexual couple
- Disabled worker remarriage (Spouse's benefits question)
- Ex-Spouse and Divorce Benefit Qualification
- Receiving Mother's Disability Benefits
- SSI plus SS benefits
- Survivor Benefit for 17 year old to be stopped
- Will a large 457 Payout reduce benefits?
- Benefits in the case of divorce
Ads - Also Recommended