Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Replacement SS card with name change
I sent in ALL of the important ORIGINAL documents necessary to get a new SS card with my married name over a month ago and haven't received any information back or any of my original documents. The ONE time I was able to get through to talk to a live person in the SS office, she told me nothing was in their system showing they had received my information.
I am EXTREMELY worried about this. My husband and I have both been victims of identity theft before and considering the envelope I sent in had all the original documents, because they don't accept copies, that prove my existence I feel like I should have gotten some kind of confirmation email or follow up information regarding my request.
When bringing this problem to the attention of the SS personnel I spoke with on the 1-800 number 2 weeks ago, she advised me I should have just brought my paperwork into my nearest SS office. Unfortunately, that it is impossible for me because I work until 6:00pm everyday and the offices near my house close at 3:30pm. How can I resolve this issue ASAP?
Updated : September 4, 2012 by Guest
- Change name on a Social Security card
- How do I get a number and card?
- Change Social Security Number
- New Social Security Number or Card for Newborn Baby
- Replace Social Security Card for Child Under 12
- Lost or Misplaced Documents
- Replace Social Security Card (Adult)
- What if my name changed?
- Obtaining A Social Security Card
- Social Security Numbers
- Re-cycled social security card?
- Obtain a copy of my original social security card?
Ads - Also Recommended