Not affiliated with the government
I am a teacher who was married for 18 years and then got divorced. My ex-spouse paid into the social security retirement system but I have not paid into the social security system since before my marriage as I had a teacher's retirement. Am I still eligible to elect for benefits under my former spouse's social security benefit?
Updated : May 30, 2013 by Guest
- Ex-Spouse and Divorce Benefit Qualification
- Spousal Benefits
- When are you entitled to divorced spouse's insurance benefits?
- Special Payments and Government Pensions
- Texas Teacher taking early retirement
- Spouse's Insurance Benefit
- Entitlement to More Than One Social Security Benefit at the Same Time
- If you are working...what you need to know about survivors benefits
- When do spouse's and divorced spouse's insurance benefits end?
- What's Wrong With this Math???
- Retirement System Coverage Groups
- Social Security Benefits Payable
Ads - Also Recommended