Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

How do I change the bank account for direct deposit of checks

My 16 yr old daughter's benefit check now goes to a bank account that I wish to change to another bank. Is there a form I can fill out to do this?
Thanks, John C

Updated : December 3, 2010 by Guest

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links


Changing direct deposit

December 3, 2010 by David Luhman

To change your direct deposit from one bank to another bank:

To change your direct deposit from one account to another account, you should contact SSA (be sure to have your Social Security number and a personal check or statement from you new account available). They will need information from these documents to start or make changes to your direct deposit.  Also, they recommend you wait until deposits or changes become effective before you close your old account.

direct deposit

February 19, 2012 by chilwil45

I can't wait because my old bank has been bought out. starting feb. 2 my bank will no longer be. as of feb.5 ,2012 I will have a new bank.

Direct deposit when bank is acquired or merged

February 19, 2012 by David Luhman

If you don't receive your direct deposit, the following page may be useful. It lists the case where the bank's Routing Transit Number (RTN) changed (usually because of a buyout or merger) and the old RTN is still on the beneficiary's record.

change routing

February 21, 2012 by Guest

betty m
ss 4yy-zz-aaaa
new routing is 123
account is 456
bank is Futura

also eugene m
our old bank change new bank

thank is not affiliated with government agency

February 21, 2012 by David Luhman

Please contact the SSA directly for this.


Ads - Also Recommended