Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Re-cycled social security card?
I just received my first social security card about 8 months ago. Recently I applied for an auto loan to get to my two jobs and I found that my attached to this new number were negative credit issues that go back to 2001. I was probably just starting high school when this happened. Instructed by my lawyer, I went to the social security office to get the number replaced, since they gave me a card that already had a bad credit history. I was told to call the identity theft hotline and that it would take from 6 to 10 years to close. This identity theft happened when the number had not been issued to me and social security gave me this number that already had this problem.
Any feedback on how I can get this problem solved in present tense?
Updated : June 26, 2012 by Guest
- ex-wife other people's social security numbers
- Social Security, Immigration, Identity theft
- Replacement SS card with name change
- Change Social Security Number
- Can I get Fired New or Updated SS number?
- Social Security Card Number
- What if my card is lost or stolen?
- How do I get my child a Social Security number?
- Social Security Card and Number Tips
- How can I protect my Social Security number?
- Replace Social Security Card for Child Under 12
- New Social Security Number or Card for Noncitizen with Visa
Ads - Also Recommended