Not affiliated with the government
Request for my deceased father's 1099-SSA
My father passed away in March 2009. I am the Trustee of his estate, because my mother has already passed away. At the time of my father's passing, I notifed the SSA and provided my name, title, and contact information. I have not, however, received his 1099-SSA.
The SSA's CSR on the phone told me I need to go to the local SSA field office to request a duplicate of the 1099 in person. What documents do I need to provide, if any, as proof that I am authorized to make the request and to receive the document?
Updated : February 19, 2010 by Guest
- Form SSA-1099
- My father died
- Filing the Reconsideration Request on Time
- Survivor benefits for my child with unproven paternity
- Adult Child survivor benefits SSD
- How to Submit a Late "Request for Reconsideration"
- Effect of Remarriage-Father's or Mother's Insurance Benefits
- Father's benefits denied because of citizenship?
- Survivor Benefits cut... again
- Replacement SS card with name change
- can my mom collect her social security?
Ads - Also Recommended