Not affiliated with the government
SSI plus SS benefits
I am 62 years old and receive SSI. I was married for 31 years but have been divorced for 15. My ex husband says I can file for his SS benefits. Can I receive both SSI AND his SS benefits at the same time? I only receive $674 a month right now, plus $74 in food stamps and Medicaid. I dont want to lose my SSI or Medicaid benefits if I do file on his Social Security. Any information would be appreciated. I live in Texas.
Updated : June 28, 2010 by Guest
- Receiving full survivor benefits early due to hardship
- Divorced spouse of Retired Railroad Employee
- Disabled worker remarriage (Spouse's benefits question)
- Husband receives SSDI if he is incarcerated does he still receive benefits?
- Tips When Applying for Social Security Survivor Benefits
- Benefits from ex-husband
- SS Benefits from deceased spouse
Ads - Also Recommended