Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

telephone wage report

I forgot to call in my wages in time. What do I do?

Updated : April 9, 2012 by tonyb

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links


SSI Telephone Wage Reporting

April 9, 2012 by David Luhman

I assume you're talking about SSI's Telephone Wage Reporting (SSITWR) mechanism.

It is important that you call the SSITWR to report wages during the first 6 days of the month. After the 6th day of each month, the SSITWR does not accept wage reports. If this happens, you must report your wages another way.

If using SSITWR is not an option, you should report the gross, monthly wage amount for the prior month, the name of the wage earner and their social security number to your local Social Security office. You should also report the name and social security number of the person who receives SSI. Report the monthly wage information by:

  • sending a fax with the gross wage amount and applicable month;
  • mailing a brief letter with the gross wage amount and applicable month;
  • telephoning your local field office; or
  • coming to your local field office to give the report in person.

Sponsored Links

Ads - Also Recommended