Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

18 year old benefits

I was living with my dad until he died about 7 months ago. I am 17 years old, so i had to move in with my mom and change schools to get the survivor benefits. I am in the 12th grade. My question is when i turn 18 in december can i move out, change back to my old school and still get the check?

Updated : October 11, 2010 by Guest

Sponsored Links



Survivor benefits for 18-year-old and representativ payee

October 12, 2010 by David Luhman

You'll want to confirm with the SSA before doing anything, but here's a useful page :

Note unmarried children who are younger than age 18 (or up to age 19 if they are attending elementary or secondary school full time) can receive survivor benefits.


Ads - Also Recommended