Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Disabled Child Receiving Survivors Benefit
My 12 year old is disabled (severely autistic) and solely receives
Survivors Benefits due to his father's passing. The issue is that his16 year old half-brother who was also receiving Survivors Benefits recently passed away tragically. My question is whether or not my son's benefit amount will change? I was not provided a definitive answer when I called SSA but was told instead to await notification in the mail. ??
In addition, I have read that as my son's caregiver, I may also qualify for the Survivors Benefit. (a possibility I did not pursue in the past in order to avoid the eldest child be slighted in any way).
Any information and guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Updated : February 5, 2012 by Guest
- If you are working...what you need to know about survivors benefits
- SSI & Survivors Benefits
- survivors benefits for my 2 children
- benefit and moving
- HELP! Effect of Social Security survivor benefit on SSI
- Adult Child survivor benefits SSD
- Entitlement To Retirement, Survivors, And Disability Insurance Benefits
- Spousal Benefits
- Benefits for children
- When a relative dies...what you need to know about survivors benefits
- Amount of Child's Insurance Benefit
- Survivor benefits increase when sibling ages out?
Ads - Also Recommended