Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |


My mother has now been gone for 2 months, yet still is recieving checks made by direct deposit. I have contacted the funeral home and they said they did notify the correct parties and the 1st check (dec.) was due to the checks coming one month behind. I just noticed that this month (Jan.) another check was direct deposited into my fathers account. What do I need to do to have them stopped. Thank you

Updated : January 13, 2011 by Guest


Sponsored Links


Reporting the death of a Social Security beneficiary

January 13, 2011 by David Luhman

Report the death by calling toll free, 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please have the deceased person's Social Security number when you call.

In addition to reporting the death to Social Security, you should:

* Notify the bank or other financial institution of the beneficiary's death.

* Request the bank or other financial institution return any funds received for the month of death or thereafter.

Sponsored Links

Ads - Also Recommended