Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
Receiving Mother's Disability Benefits
My mother just recently got approved for disability. She was dying from Cancer at the time. She died on July 20, after they awarded her disability. I think they are going to backdate it from January of this year. My question is, do both my sister and I get those benefits since they were awarded to her before she died? Also, she was still married to my father, but they were estranged for 15 years. If we can't find him do we still get her benefits? Just wondering.
Updated : October 8, 2012 by samsara167
- Survivor benefits for mother with own benefits
- Disabled worker remarriage (Spouse's benefits question)
- Survivor Questions
- Elapsed Years Defined
- Widow or worker benefits
- When do father's or mother's insurance benefits end?
- When an Application for Widow(er)'s Insurance Benefits is Not Required
- Disability Benefits/Card
- Adult Child survivor benefits SSD
- Died before benifits approved
- When can you receive widow(er)'s benefits based on disability?
- SSI Overpayment
Ads - Also Recommended