In my state, state employees do not pay into social security, there fore I may not meet the eligibilty requirements to draw social security retirement benefits.
My husband passed away over a year ago, and was employed up until the time of his death.
Am I eligible to draw social security retirement benefits from my husbands social security? Even though he never "retired"?
Updated : February 14, 2012 by Guest
- Widow or worker benefits
- Widower Death Benefits?
- When should one take Social Security retirement benefits?
- Divorced spouse of Retired Railroad Employee
- Retirement System Defined
- Receiving full survivor benefits early due to hardship
- When an Application for Widow(er)'s Insurance Benefits is Not Required