Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration
In my state, state employees do not pay into social security, there fore I may not meet the eligibilty requirements to draw social security retirement benefits.
My husband passed away over a year ago, and was employed up until the time of his death.
Am I eligible to draw social security retirement benefits from my husbands social security? Even though he never "retired"?
Updated : February 14, 2012 by Guest
- Widow or worker benefits
- Widower Death Benefits?
- When should one take Social Security retirement benefits?
- Divorced spouse of Retired Railroad Employee
- Retirement System Defined
- Receiving full survivor benefits early due to hardship
- When an Application for Widow(er)'s Insurance Benefits is Not Required
- I get benefits on my husbands record because we have a disabled son. How does my income affect the benefit I receive?
- If you are working...what you need to know about survivors benefits
- Summary Chart of Requirements for Insured Status
- Child Benefit Qualifications
- Termination of Widow(er)'s Insurance Benefits
Ads - Also Recommended