Not affiliated with the US Social Security Administration

Social Security Payment Checks |

Applying for Social Security Benefits

Apply for Disability Benefits

From the Social Security Handbook

Sponsored Links



age and circumstances to collect social security

June 3, 2011 by Guest

I am 59 this year 2011. My husband died march 22,2003. He was rated as military death. I need to start the social security benefits he left me. I am a homeless, widow, living with my younger son temporaryly. I need to get out of this situation and into a over 50's low income housing as soon as possible. Thank you K. A.

Survivor (widow & widower) benefits

June 5, 2011 by David Luhman

As far as Social Security benefits, you may be able to receive full survivor benefits at full retirement age. The full retirement age for survivors is age 66 for people born in 1945-1956 and will gradually increase to age 67 for people born in 1962 or later.

Reduced widow or widower benefits can be received as early as age 60.

You may possibly qualify for veterans or other benefits; however, we do not specialize in these programs.

child benifits

June 6, 2011 by Guest

do i need to fill out the form TOE 120 or Form TOE 250 to get benifits for my 8 year old daughter? Her father died after a operation at the age of 50. We were divorced at the time after a 3 year marriage. The father was supposed to pay child support all those years, but only paid about 1 years worth. What other documents do I need to have and do I go directly to an office with the divorce decree and her birth certificate and these forms?
Thanks for your help

retiring at 64

June 7, 2011 by Guest

I would like to retire at age 64. How do I go about this?

Applying for Mother's or Father's Benefits

June 7, 2011 by David Luhman

This link provides details on the documentation you'll need to apply for benefits for your child.

Applying for Social Security benefts for minor with ADHD

July 18, 2011 by Guest

I have heard that a child and/or adult can get Social Security benefits with having been diagnosed with ADHD??

My child currently has been diagnosed and wondered if this is true.


SSI benefits for child with ADHD

July 18, 2011 by David Luhman

Yes, this may be possible. SSA altered the way mental impairments were evaluated in 1990, making it more likely for those persons with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other developmental and mental disorders to receive SSI.

However, to receive SSI, the child's family must have limited income.

Here's where to start looking into this :

Survivor Benefits for son

July 19, 2011 by Guest

My son was just sent to a juvenile detention facility for 8 months. I understand that a convicted criminal cannot get benefits. He is sentenced as a juvenile and I do have to pay for stay. This will not be on his adult record. Can social security still deny benefits?

Suspension of benefits when confined as a juvenile

July 19, 2011 by David Luhman

You may want to contact Social Security directly for this, but his benefits likely will continue.

First, you mention you're paying the expenses of his incarceration. It appears benefits are suspended only if incarceration is at public expense :

The SSA cannot pay benefits to someone who, by court order, is confined in an institution at public expense in connection with a criminal case...

More importantly, is seems juveniles in general do not face a suspension of Social Security benefits :

In most cases where a juvenile commits a crime and the crime is handled under State juvenile statutes, the juvenile is not considered to have been "convicted" of that offense. If there is no conviction, the statutory requirements for title II prisoner suspension do not apply.

Sponsored Links

Ads - Also Recommended