An Independent View of Social Security
Divorce, Marriage and Social Security
From the Social Security Handbook
Divorced spouse's insurance benefits:
- ceremonial, proof, §1716
- common-law, §307, §1717
- divorce, effect, §308
- duration, 9-month requirement, §404
- restrictions on remarriage, State-imposed, §309
- spouse, defined, §306
- SSI benefit affect, §2122
- State-imposed restrictions on remarriage, §309
- terminating events, benefit summary chart, §1851
- termination evidence, §§1718-1719
- validity of prior marriage, §310
- voidable and annulled, benefits reinstated, §1853
- widower's entitlement to benefits, §401
- Social Security Payment Checks
- When Evidence of Termination of Prior Marriage is Required
- When do father's or mother's insurance benefits end?
- When do parent's insurance benefits end?
- When do spouse's and divorced spouse's insurance benefits end?
- When is a surviving divorced parent entitled to father's or mother's insurance benefits?
- Effect of Remarriage-Widow(er)'s Benefits