Not affiliated with the government
Check Application Status
You can check the status of your Social Security application online at this address :
Please ensure your browser location shows 'ssa.gov' before entering information.
Your application status shows:
- The date the SSA received your application;
- Any requests for additional documents;
- The address of the office processing your application; and
- If a decision has been made.
If you receive an error, it may be because:
- You entered an incorrect Social Security number or confirmation number;
- You did not complete the application; or
- The SSA made a final decision on your application more than four months ago.
If anything prevents you from checking your application status online, call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.